MVOhio.net

WHAT'S WITH MAZZA'S

Roxy Dog

Re: WHAT'S WITH MAZZA'S
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 09:45:09 AM »
The current owner grew up in that place. The recipes have been in place for many years.

Yes, but they don't even use most of those recipes anymore.  Even the salad has changed.  My grandmother worked there MANY years ago and I have the recipe for the "original" Mazza's salad that was used back then.  There is a BIG difference.  They no longer make their own sauce - it comes out of a large, industrial-sized can that they purchase from their wholesale supplier.  Trust me, I know.  My son works for their supplier and pulls their orders (if they have cash - no checks). 

All of their food is basically heat-n-eat now.  It's sad.  I'd love to go eat there and support a locally owned establishment but with the economy today, eating out at a restaurant is more of a luxury than ever before.  And at the prices that Mazza's charges, I expect a LOT more than a bunch of bland, heat-n-eat crap.  Might as well go to Ryan's.  (YUCK!)

rocknrollmama

• If I had to explain, you wouldn't understand!
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2007, 09:46:14 AM »
Oh it is definitely time for Chef Ramsey to come in and take over the reins for a few days. That man is amazing. He has turned some of the most horrid dumps around. Maybe that is just what they need, because believe me, Gordon will tell it to the owner like it is, he has no problems with that! btw  :iloveu: Gordon Ramsey!
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world.

geeksneedlovin2

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2007, 09:49:28 AM »
Oh it is definitely time for Chef Ramsey to come in and take over the reins for a few days. That man is amazing. He has turned some of the most horrid dumps around. Maybe that is just what they need, because believe me, Gordon will tell it to the owner like it is, he has no problems with that! btw  :iloveu: Gordon Ramsey!

:1cheer: :1cheer: :1cheer: :1cheer: :1cheer: :1cheer: :1cheer: :1cheer: :1cheer: :1cheer: :1cheer: :1cheer: :1cheer:

Look who's back!!!!!

Tweety

• Welcome to the forum!!
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2007, 10:10:33 AM »
 ROXY DOG

It is not even heated some times.

Some friends of mine said the buffet was cold two times in a row. :crybaby:

Will not go back. :(

Jewels22

• My pad or yours????
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2007, 10:13:01 AM »
Tweety I am with you there I went once with my daughters and the food was cold at the buffet and it seemed like it was reheated and it took them forever to stock up the stuff that was out....I was sadly disappointed.
<3 Like Johnny and June

Tweety

• Welcome to the forum!!
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2007, 11:21:27 AM »

I ate there last EASTER at the buffet and the food was just great :rolleye:

LaneyGirl

• Epnoca hits you with a snowball
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2007, 11:27:28 AM »
I have mastered the salad, and I make better Italian food so I think I will stay home!  :biggrin: :biggrin:

speedy

• gunslinger plants one on you
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2007, 11:40:22 AM »
Oh it is definitely time for Chef Ramsey to come in and take over the reins for a few days. That man is amazing. He has turned some of the most horrid dumps around. Maybe that is just what they need, because believe me, Gordon will tell it to the owner like it is, he has no problems with that! btw  :iloveu: Gordon Ramsey!

Bring on Gordon!!!!  I love watching him.

We have eaten there 3 times.  The 1st time was 7 years ago as we were going through MV after a horse show and the food was excellent.  The 2nd time was after we moved here and the food was still good.
But the 3rd time was a year ago and I believe the place was starting to go downhill then.  The salad was nasty, and the buffet was so-so.  We took our neighbor there after saying the food was good.  Bad move, they weren't impressed either.  We haven't been back.
All comments posted by speedy are merely opinions. These opinions should not be construed in any manner which suggest that they are threatening. All posts are in jest and protected by Freedom of Speech.  As such, not subject to subpoena, criminal charges, civil charges and the like.

Jak

• You've been Egg'd by Steve.Deserved.Better....hee hee
  • www.JakOfArtsPhotography.com
    • Jak of Arts Photography
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2007, 01:21:42 AM »
I have mastered the salad, and I make better Italian food so I think I will stay home!  :biggrin: :biggrin:

I've eaten there once, and the folks would bring home some of the famous Mazza's salad on occasion.  I have just never acquired a taste for that wilted, SLIMY salad...  :vomit:

Needless to say, I was not impressed with them.

Roxy Dog

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2007, 01:26:52 AM »

I've eaten there once, and the folks would bring home some of the famous Mazza's salad on occasion.  I have just never acquired a taste for that wilted, SLIMY salad...  :vomit:

It isn't supposed to be wilted or slimy.  It only gets that way when it has been sitting around too long.  Another reason I prefer to make it myself at home. 

BTW, it was nice meeting you tonight.  I'm so sorry Forest missed your costume. 

Jak

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2007, 01:37:02 AM »

It isn't supposed to be wilted or slimy.  It only gets that way when it has been sitting around too long.  Another reason I prefer to make it myself at home. 

It was nice meeting you too!  I sampled the "Luv Muffins" but I think you had already left by then.  Yummmm!  Thank you!   :biggrin:

I was terribly disappointed that Forest had already left by the time I got there.  Oh well.  Two Forests in one place may have been scary.  *snicker*

I fully expected her to come flying back down there to (try to) kick my butt when people started sending her picture messages on their cell phones.  Of course someone did point out that she would have had to actually TOUCH me to do that.  I even had a spare pair of rubber gloves in my car just in case...

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I must remember to thank her for being the inspiration that allowed me to take home that wondeful TROPHY.   :biggrin:

Roxy Dog

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2007, 01:42:07 AM »

I was terribly disappointed that Forest had already left by the time I got there.  Oh well.  Two Forests in one place may have been scary.  *snicker*

Forest had to make an early departure.  She heard about the MRSA staph virus being confirmed here in MV and had to rush home to start sealing off all of her doors and windors with plastic and duct tape.  She said something about having to dip Little Forest in bleach and iodine.  I just hope she goes easy on the little guy with that wire brush. 

Jak

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2007, 01:47:56 AM »

Forest had to make an early departure.  She heard about the MRSA staph virus being confirmed here in MV and had to rush home to start sealing off all of her doors and windors with plastic and duct tape.  She said something about having to dip Little Forest in bleach and iodine.  I just hope she goes easy on the little guy with that wire brush. 

I would have been willing to share my can of disinfectant...  The label said it kills germs and viruses.  Yeesh.   :doh:

geeksneedlovin2

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2007, 08:26:39 AM »

I must remember to thank her for being the inspiration that allowed me to take home that wondeful TROPHY.   :biggrin:

I had to talk me crew outta pillagin' it.  ;D

You had me rolling when you walked in Jak. That was seriously best ever.

Jak

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2007, 09:14:38 AM »

I had to talk me crew outta pillagin' it.  ;D

You had me rolling when you walked in Jak. That was seriously best ever.

I'll make you a deal...

If you have Johnny Depp hiding somewhere among your PIRATE CREW, I'll trade you the trophy for him...

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:hysterical: