MVOhio.net

KnoxTime

rabbit

Re: KnoxTime
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2011, 07:01:28 PM »
Thanks again MTVGuy  just viewed the post cards and they are spectacular as always.  I have a question to you or anyone that reads this - I have an album of my mother's and there are numerous pictures she had labeled Baughman Park.  Was that the park that was relocated and was in the vicinity of Park St. & Pleasant St.  that has been talked about here and shown on a map recently?  My niece in WI has the album right now to copy pictures and we are trying to define locations.  Most of the pictures I have do not show any entrances or to much landscape as are friends and family around picnic tables.  Any help would be appreciated.

Lucylou, As I recall there was a Baughmans Park on 586 (Licking County) just before it crossed Route 40.  The park is hilly and stoney and a man had carved large and small statues in those rocks.  It used to be open to the public but was closed some time back.  Check with Jim Gibson at the Historical Society.  I'm sure they had a program on it a few years back that I went to.  I believe I might have some pictures from there.  Just not sure where to find them.

Calc thanks for the tip - it's a starting place and possibly a trip to take a look see!

If I remember right, the place was sold and the new owner sold quite a few of the statues at auction. I think this was back in the late 1980s or 1990s.

gary6560

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2011, 11:01:28 AM »
Really love looking at the old pics. some of the old places I still remember. Where is Zuck?
Ever feel like your one dumbass away from completely losing it?

Imagine

• MVOhio
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2011, 11:16:36 AM »
Really love looking at the old pics. some of the old places I still remember. Where is Zuck?

It doesn't exist anymore..... it was out past Millwood in the eastern part of the county.
Sometimes MVOhio feels like a group therapy session being held in the middle of a 3-ring circus.

gary6560

« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2011, 11:18:24 AM »
TY, :hat: Do you happen to know about how far out past Millwood.

Imagine

• MVOhio
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2011, 11:25:23 AM »
TY, :hat: Do you happen to know about how far out past Millwood.

Not sure exactly, I've never went looking for it.

Here's a little more info from the Forgotten Ohio website. Be sure and check out the other Knox County towns:

Zuck
Butler Twp.

Town once located along the Kokosing River near the intersection of Staats and Zuck Roads. The post office operated from 1817 to 1903. On March 25, 1913, the Kokosing River flooded and wiped out much of what remained of Zuck. Today only an old iron bridge over the Kokosing River remains to indicate where the town once stood.
http://forgottenoh.com/GhostTowns/knoxco.html
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:27:46 AM by Imagine »
Sometimes MVOhio feels like a group therapy session being held in the middle of a 3-ring circus.

gary6560

« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2011, 11:50:31 AM »
Very interesting  :hat:

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2011, 01:08:47 PM »
Pipesville still shows up on maps as a town, but it is only a road now.   Was told the only thing left is a little building on the corner (of Rt229 and Pipesville Road) which was used as a general store.   Would love to see some pictures if anyone ran across them.
He who is void of virtuous attachments in private life is, or very soon will be, void of all regard for his country. There is seldom an instance of a man guilty of betraying his country, who had not before lost the feeling of moral obligations in his private connections.
Samuel Adams

ancients

• If The Market Is Not Free, The People Are Not Free
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2011, 04:13:31 PM »

At the bottom right near that bridge.

gary6560

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »
Yea I figured it out. I used to go to Riley Chapel church as a kid. Also used to have some friends that live in the cabin on the hill just the other side of the bridge.
My Grandpa used to take us for sunday afternoon rides down in that area after church, mushroom huntin and looking for watercress. He grew up in the New Castle area and he went to school at the old school that is now on display up at the fairgrounds. I remember when it was still in it`s original place. :icon_thumbsup:

phred

• GO BUCKEYES !
  • O-H-I-O
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2011, 11:14:45 PM »
Yea I figured it out. I used to go to Riley Chapel church as a kid. Also used to have some friends that live in the cabin on the hill just the other side of the bridge.
My Grandpa used to take us for sunday afternoon rides down in that area after church, mushroom huntin and looking for watercress. He grew up in the New Castle area and he went to school at the old school that is now on display up at the fairgrounds. I remember when it was still in it`s original place. :icon_thumbsup:

Really neat history, Gary.   Thanks !

phred

• GO BUCKEYES !
  • O-H-I-O
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »
:ranger:

Another great picture posted on KnoxTime ~

Ralston Hotel

Imagine

• MVOhio
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2012, 10:45:05 AM »
Hey folks,

If you didn't notice the Facebook posts, KnoxTime has some great new photographs of Zink's as well as some Knox County photos from an 1895 book.

If you haven't already done so, be sure and check them out at http://www.knoxtime.com/

:)

gunslinger

• Remember it’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how drunk you get.
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2012, 08:53:34 PM »
Mason Parade Mt. Vernon 1910

I'd rather slam my nose in a car door. I'd rather have a proctologist named Dr. Hook. I would rather watch Roseanne Barr do a striptease than give up my MVOhio.

mtvguy

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2012, 07:59:59 PM »
Hello everyone,

For those of you not on Facebook, I have been posting a few photos.
To see KnoxTime on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000982022282
To see KnoxTime website - www.knoxtime.com

mtvguy

Imagine

• MVOhio
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2012, 08:48:59 PM »
It's interesting that you posted that picture of a fallen bridge in Millwood.

I've always been afraid of the bridge that replaced it, which is beside the current Rt. 62 bridge.... it looks rickety and I refuse to drive across it.

:lol: