December 22, 2014, 12:34:59 AM

Author Topic: Polar Bear Winter Dip Benefiting American Cancer Society  (Read 1259 times)

armywife

• Platinum Club Member
Polar Bear Winter Dip Benefiting American Cancer Society
« on: December 08, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »
3rd Annual Polar Bear Winter Dip!!

Join us!!! Last year over 500 people were "Cold for a Cure" to help fight cancer. Donations appreciated, all proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society.

Date: January 1, 2009

Time:  3:00 PM

No "dippers" under the age of 18 without guardian present.
Swim at your own risk.

Questions? Contact  Team Blue Genes Relay for Life  Chad Schrack 419-281-3311

Make sure you wear something on your feet

This event is in Mifflin OH. It is about 10 or 15 minutes from Mansfield. It has become a huge event. I had a flier e-mailed to me, but I don't know how to put it on here, so I just copied everything on it. If anyone needs more info, you can always PM me.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:02:05 PM by Steve.Deserved.Better »

armywife

• Platinum Club Member
Re: Polar Bear Winter Dip Benefiting American Cancer Society
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 03:14:44 PM »
Just a reminder if anyone wants to freeze their butt off tomorrow.  :biggrin:

Madhatter

• MVOHIO Gem
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 03:34:27 PM »
This is awesome.

My mom passed away from Cancer....but what is funny...is if I did this, she would rip me a new one....she would say...ARE YOU CRAZY!!! You will catch a cold.  She would get on me for not wearing a coat sometimes when SHE thought it was cold outside....or not zipping my jacket.  And that was even when I was in my thirties!!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:  I could only imagine what she would say about me jumping in some frigid water in the midst of winter!!  LOL

But it is for a great cause..I wish the people who do this good health afterwards...and that they make the money...maybe I will get brave enough and do it in 2010...give me something to work towards.  ;D

gunslinger

• Remember it’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how drunk you get.
  • MVOHIO Gem
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 03:42:36 PM »
Wow.......talk about major shrinkage factor....

Good luck with this, hope you have a big turnout.......Heck, I may even give it a try someday
I'd rather slam my nose in a car door. I'd rather have a proctologist named Dr. Hook. I would rather watch Roseanne Barr do a striptease than give up my MVOhio.

*JAM*

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable Member
    • my favorite site to play on!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 12:28:15 AM »
Please tell me we won't have to see Barber in his speedo on the cover of the paper this week!

armywife

• Platinum Club Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 12:45:51 AM »
Man it was crazy out there today. There was tons of people and at least 100 people actually got into the water. They actually managed to talk my hubby into going in this year. Better him than me.  :biggrin: Everyone had a great time and it was all for a good cause so it was worth it.

(The rescue divers actually had to break up all the ice on the water before they jumped in)

[attachment deleted by admin]

sammy

• Two Star Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 11:14:28 AM »
Please tell me we won't have to see Barber in his speedo on the cover of the paper this week!

He doesn't wear the speedo anymore...last year he had on a conservative bathing suit. He does the polar bear plunge for with other LE in Lake Erie.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 03:42:00 PM by sammy »
It's better to have a few REAL friends than to have a thousand FAKE ones.

Steve.Deserved.Better

• Administrator
  • Three Star Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 11:21:31 AM »

He doesn't wear the speedo anymore...last year he had on a conservative bathing suit. He does the polar bear plunge for with other LE in Lake Erie.  ;)

If it draws money for a good cause, he could wear his birthday suit.   He's done this every year for this cause. 

He who is void of virtuous attachments in private life is, or very soon will be, void of all regard for his country. There is seldom an instance of a man guilty of betraying his country, who had not before lost the feeling of moral obligations in his private connections.
Samuel Adams