Good evening
Good evening
Please welcome Kellykel, our newest member.

77 Guests, 0 Users
May 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
Holidays
May 29: Memorial Day
Jun 6: D-Day
Jun 14: Flag Day
Jun 14: Flag Day
Jun 18: Father's Day
Jun 20: Summer Solstice

Steve.Deserved.Better

April 24, 2017, 06:51:59 PM
If you mean, me myself and I.  Then yes.  Hey Runner!!! How ya doing?!

runner76

April 23, 2017, 09:32:38 PM
Steve.Deserved.Better, do you mean 'I am he as you are he as you are me
and we are all together"?

Steve.Deserved.Better

April 17, 2017, 09:25:21 AM
You were here and I wasn't and now I'm here and you aren't.  Have a great day!!

"V"

April 17, 2017, 07:41:44 AM
?????

teecatness

April 08, 2017, 08:18:31 AM
Hyundai and Kia recall 1.2 Million cars.

Author Topic: Case workers for sale in Knox County, inquire at KCCPS!  (Read 657 times)

My wife and I have been diligently fighting for reunification with our daughter who was taken from us by KCCPS a year ago this week. Our case plans have been completed for months now  (required for reunification ), yet we cannot even get a simple explanation as to why our case worker AF-M & her supervisor BB have blocked reunification at every turn for my wife and I. This situation has nearly torn my young family to shreds and has tested the limits of our sanity. Yes, my wife and I have made mistakes we aren't proud of, however as human beings, we all err from time to time. All we desire is a second chance to prove that we have seen the error in our ways, and raise our now 17 month old daughter as a family. Please pray that KCCPS will see the error of their ways and give a young family a second chance!

Offline Imagine

Re: Case workers for sale in Knox County, inquire at KCCPS!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 08:50:03 PM »
Please explain the correlation between the title of this thread and its content.

Sometimes MVOhio feels like a group therapy session being held in the middle of a 3-ring circus.

Offline cateyes

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 10:25:45 PM »
   I do not know the OP, but I learned much about children services when trying to protect a foster child.

I have been told, KCCPS budget is put together by how many open cases they have when going into the new budget year.  It was suggested to me by more than one that KCCPS is a self-serving agency and not so much about the children. As well, it was suggested cases are closed and if needed for the budget , cases are opened again.

I did have a very difficult time protecting that foster child...with no help from KCCPS case workers nor their supervisors as ...protecting that child seemed little of the attention of KCCPS but more about appearances of protecting.   

A couple where that child had been placed( because the foster mother and her family became homeless)... the child went to live with others, that couple became knowledgeable about serious actions out of order of the foster home, but the child was ignored though they repeatedly gave the same account of what had happened yet their sister had already been removed from that foster home due to another serious event in the home. And that child I was trying to protect disclosed to KCCPS caseworkers more than once. 

County Commissioners are suppose to be the overseers of our KCCPS which is just as much as a dead end street when fighting KCCPS.   I learned that after a call to the governor's office.  I did make the call to a commissioner, but I think all that did was when their inquiry went in, KCCPS just realized walk more careful for someone on the outside is rattling they way they do their jobs.

I finally found an avenue around KCCPS and that foster child was removed from the foster home in a very short time after a hearing when the right people outside of KCCPS became involved.

That is a very brief of the case I was personally involved.  The time frame was a nightmare for that child and I lost sleep for many months knowing what was happening, yet could not protect them.

Without a private attorney and dollars to pay to allow parents to fight back against KCCPS...I fear a lot of children will be separated from their families and may not truly be a valid cause or maybe not given a true way to prove their worthness of the child/children back in their home, but will only support the appearance that KCCPS is doing their job.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 08:11:15 AM »
The reason I worded the title as so is that my barren sister in law and her scandalous mother seem to have some inexplicable influence over the case worker assigned to our case, AF-M and her supervisor BB. They have done nothing but focus all of their energy on placing my daughter with them despite the efforts of my wife and I to improve our lifestyle and complete our case plans. The only possible explanation is graft.

Offline The_Rooster

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 08:46:37 AM »
You're only presenting one side of the story here.

A few questions:

You mention that you and your wife had made lifestyle changes to get your daughter back, so what were the reasons they took her from you?

How long have you been improving your lives? Six months, 90 days?

If your daughter is only 17 months and was taken away from you a year ago, at five months, what were you doing or not doing that children services had to step in?

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 02:50:04 PM »
@Rooster
All are excellent questions, thank you for inquiring.

Question 1 re: what led to the loss of custody.

Wife : experienced a mental breakdown stemming from postpartum depression and a negative reaction to  psychotropic medications prescribed by her Obgyn. Breakdown occurred, left home with infant child, whereabouts unknown for hours, amber alert issued, mother and child found safe, mother despondent. KCCPS intervention.
Myself,  recovering addict 18 months (non-opiod) clean prior to 5/18/15 incident, unfortunate relapse resulting from the crisis situation. (Now understood as a programmed coping mechanism ) Failed drug screen administered by KCCPS. Deemed unfit to provide care until counseling and treatment was obtained. 

Question 2
How long have we been improving our lifestyle?
My wife and I have been living clean for what will be a year this coming June 2016. The difference between now and past recovery attempts is education through treatment, (both of us have graduated from a Mt Vernon based program as required by court and case plan ) active participation in 12 step recovery programming, a startling wake up call as to the consequences of minimizing mental health issues, and a genuine desire for a second chance to raise our child and disprove those that doubt our ability to do so. In addition to this, my spouse and I have actively engaged in individual and marriage counseling.
I will happily answer any questions.

Offline Imagine

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 06:02:48 PM »
It seems like you are taking the right steps to getting your lives back on track. I can respect that, definitely.

Good work and good luck in the future with your ongoing recovery. :)
Sometimes MVOhio feels like a group therapy session being held in the middle of a 3-ring circus.

Offline The_Rooster

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 03:52:54 PM »
So you're on the track of getting things back together, but your wording in the first post isn't a strong indicator of reform on your part. I sense frustrations, but to make those frustrations public like this might hurt your chances more.

If you've just finished your rehab, then you should know that sometimes, it takes a little more time, it's not an instant process. When it comes to government programs nothing is on-demand.

Good luck in your efforts.