Good afternoon
Good afternoon
Please welcome crystaltong, our newest member.

84 Guests, 0 Users

Steve.Deserved.Better

June 19, 2017, 09:17:36 AM
It's Summer in Ohio finally!  Enjoy and have a safe one!

Steve.Deserved.Better

April 24, 2017, 06:51:59 PM
If you mean, me myself and I.  Then yes.  Hey Runner!!! How ya doing?!

runner76

April 23, 2017, 09:32:38 PM
Steve.Deserved.Better, do you mean 'I am he as you are he as you are me
and we are all together"?

Steve.Deserved.Better

April 17, 2017, 09:25:21 AM
You were here and I wasn't and now I'm here and you aren't.  Have a great day!!

"V"

April 17, 2017, 07:41:44 AM
?????

Author Topic: The High Cost of a Monitored Home Security System  (Read 727 times)

Offline teecatness

The High Cost of a Monitored Home Security System
« on: December 12, 2015, 03:11:07 AM »
 :ranger:

"Due to the cost, I have torn out my home security system, stopped paying the monthly fees and even resigned from the Neighborhood Watch Program.

I have installed a Syrian flag on my front porch, an Iranian flag next to my flower bed and the black flag of ISIS waves from my roof-top.

The state police, city police, sheriff, FBI, CIA and Homeland Security are all watching my house 24/7.

I've never felt safer. "

http://www.city-data.com/forum/frugal-living/2281557-frugal-way-get-rid-high-security.html

:hysterical:
If you think it 's bad - it's probably worse.

The following users thanked this post: oportosanto

Offline speedy

All comments posted by speedy are merely opinions. These opinions should not be construed in any manner which suggest that they are threatening. All posts are in jest and protected by Freedom of Speech.  As such, not subject to subpoena, criminal charges, civil charges and the like.

Offline teecatness

Re: The High Cost of a Monitored Home Security System
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 02:40:31 PM »
 :puter:

I had Brink's which became Broadview which is now ADT for the past 10 years.
It is hardwired to my land line. With the death knell ringing for landline phones I need to seek out alternatives. When Kasick signed the biennial budget he line - item vetoed 44 things. Requiring the telecoms to keep and maintain landlines in Ohio wasn't one of them. Now it is up to the FCC.  This month, a team to oversee the transition has formed.

I would need to pay ADT to upgrade my system from a landline and dsl to uverse and a backup smart phone.
I would need to pay AT&T for UVerse and to rent their equiptment forever.
I would need a back up battery supply good for 4 hours in the event of a power failure.
I would need a smart phone,  a monthly bill and insurance for the phone.
I would need Sputnick to pick up a signal to triangulate my home address in the event of a 911 emergency during a power outages lasting more than 4 hours.
I would need a new HDMI capable Tv and Roku player.

BOHICA.    :butt:

I may just go with the ISIS flag,  a couple of Dixie cups and some string... :shrug2:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 02:54:02 PM by teecatness »
If you think it 's bad - it's probably worse.

Offline oportosanto

Re: The High Cost of a Monitored Home Security System
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 09:53:36 AM »
Somewhat scary that someone gets rid of home security system and says they never felt safer...!  :perfect10:

Either cases, I feel that with some expenses going through the roof we do need to make cuts.  :holysheep: